Just imagine, a hair accessory being sold in 50 stores and 16 states across the country…and the CEO of the hair brand is still in elementary school! That’s right, 10-year old Gabrielle Goodwin has come up with a solution that will bring nothing but relief to Black moms around the world – barrettes that don’t fall off or go missing.
Gabby Bows, which is gaining popularity like wild fire, has been well received ever since Gabrielle’s mom decided to move forward with making her daughter’s idea a reality. From the time she was 5 years old, Gabrielle would bug her mother about creating a barrette that would stay put. It was frustrating to have a cute, finished hairstyle accented with bright barrettes only to have them fall off and disappear by the end of the day.
As the CEO, Gabrielle is definitely getting her hustle on, going to trade shows, managing inventory, attending speaking engagements in her community, all while maintaining straight A’s in school. Not one to keep knowledge to herself, Gabrielle is also taking time to teach other girls the ins and outs of entrepreneurship by visiting local shelters for children.
In addition to collecting awards left and right, Gabrielle has plans to release a book this summer titled, “Gabby Invents the Perfect Hair Bow.” Congrats on your newfound success, Gabrielle!
15 Black Women Entrepreneurs Who Are Changing The Beauty Industry
1. Ursula Stephen, Ursula Stephen The SalonSource:Ursula Stephen Site 1 of 15
2. Jasmine Lawrence, Eden BodyWorksSource:Jasmine Lawrence Site 2 of 15
3. TriciaLee, Polish Bar BrooklynSource:Polish Bar Brooklyn 3 of 15
4. Patrice Grell-Yursik, AfrobellaSource:Afrobella Site 4 of 15
5. Myleik Teele, CurlboxSource:Curlbox Site 5 of 15
6. Karen Mitchell, True Indian HairSource:True Indian Hair Site 6 of 15
7. Sara Liz Pickett and H. Ginger Johnson, Ginger & LizSource:Ginger & Liz Site 7 of 15
8. Ashunta Sheriff, Ashunta Sheriff MakeupSource:Ashunta Sheriff Site 8 of 15
9. Taren GuySource:BET 9 of 15
10. Dana L. Hill, CocotiqueSource:Dana Hill Site 10 of 15
11. Jane Carter, Jane Carter SolutionSource:Jane Carter Site 11 of 15
12. Myrdith Leon-McCormack and Monica Promsavanh, M2M Damore Jon NailsSource:M2M Damore Jon Site 12 of 15
13. Tasha Turner and Marcia Caster, Beauty BeatboxSource:Beauty Beat Box Site 13 of 15
14. Karen Tappin-Saunderson, Karen’s Body BeautifulSource:Karens Body Beautiful 14 of 15
15. Lisa Price, Carol’s DaughterSource:Lisa Price Site 15 of 15
This 10-Year-Old Girl Invented A Time Saving Hair Accessory That Could Be Worth Millions was originally published on hellobeautiful.com