Texas police have charged a Houston man with a hate crime Wednesday who attempted to stab an African-American man after hatefully referring to him using a racial slur Tuesday, reports KPRC Houston.
From KPRC Houston:
Harris County prosecutors said James Scott Lee, 32, chose his victim based on the victim’s race.
Prosecutors said Lee was heard saying, “I hate (N-word)s, and I’m going to kill me one today,” before he brandished the knife. They said the victim was able to escape Lee by jumping into a car and locking the door.
Lee could face 20 years-to-life in prison if convicted, reports the Houston Chronicle.
Politicians Doing Time for Their Crime
1. Former Congressman William Jefferson1 of 17
2. Former Detroit City Council President Monica Conyers2 of 17
3. Former Ohio State Representative W. Carlton Weddington3 of 17
4. Sisters of corruption -Jane Orie, Joan Orie Melvin and Janine Orie4 of 17
5. Former Mississippi state prosecutor and judge Bobby DeLaughter5 of 17
6. Former New York State Senator Shirley Huntley6 of 17
7. Former Governor of Illinois and golden boy Rod Blagojevich7 of 17
8. Former Prince George’s County Council member Leslie Johnson8 of 17
9. Former Prince County Executive Jack B. Johnson9 of 17
10. Former Birmingham Mayor Larry Langford10 of 17
11. Former Federal District Judge Samuel B. Kent (Texas)11 of 17
12. Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin12 of 17
13. Former City Councilman Larry Seabrook13 of 17
14. Former New York State Senator Efrain Gonzalez14 of 17
15. Former Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland15 of 17
16. Former State Senator Dianne Wilkerson16 of 17
17. Current D.C. Council member Marion Barry17 of 17
‘I Hate N-Word:’ Texas Man Charged With Hate Crime After Attempted Stabbing was originally published on newsone.com