The Steelers improved to 5-5 after beating the woeful Cleveland Browns last week. Now, working on a short week they must travel to Indianapolis for a Thanksgiving night showdown with the Colts. T.Y. Hilton of the Colts says Andrew Luck won’t be playing so the black and gold may have dodged a bullet with that one but it still won’t be an easy trek to make on a short week heading into a hostile environment.
Here are the Keys to A Steelers Victory
- Obviously the team has to get the ball to LeVeon Bell and Antonio Brown but somebody else needs to get involved. I’d like to see Sammie Coates get back to where he was at the beginning of the year but with his injured fingers it’s going to fall on Eli Rogers for now. He needs to be the guy.
- Last week the defense applied a ton of pressure to the Cleveland Quarterbacks. They need to do the same again this week. The defense functions far better when they apply pressure vs. when they fall back.
- The secondary needs to contain T.Y. Hilton. I think you’ll see Artie Burns covering Hilton as Burns has begun taking on the oppositions top receiver in place of William Gay. Hilton is a threat and he’ll need to be slowed down.
- The offense needs to be the teams best defensive weapon. The best defense on this team is ball control and the offense needs to keep the ball out of the Colts hands.
Here are a Few Things to Watch:
- Artie Burns-As mentioned above, he’s been the top corner in recent weeks, will he continue developing into the shut down corner this team so desperately needs?
- Ladarius Green-I expect this to be the week that he finally steps up and has a big game and gets his Steeler career going.
- Javon Hargrave-He had his first career sack last week and I expect him to continue to apply more pressure with Cam Heyward out for the remainder of the year.
- James Harrison-He set the Steelers franchise record for sacks last week and he’s a great leader for the young linebackers. How will he lead the team this week?
Mike Pelaia hosts the website Steel Nation Association http://www.steelnationassociation.com– Covering the Steelers and helping Children’s Hospital All Day Everyday. You can e-mail him at email@example.com.