The Steelers dropped to 4-4 after a utter disaster in Baltimore last week and now find themselves in 2nd place in the AFC North with the Ravens having already won this week and the Bengals hot on their trail. “Follow Me” says Ben Roethlisberger as the team heads into the second half of the season. He’s going to have to really play stellar football the rest of the way and be a coach on the field since it appears Mike Tomlin has no ability to coach or lead these guys. This is a must win game against a very good 7-1 Cowboy team and if the black and gold falls to 4-5, the season will be on the verge of being over.
Here are the Keys to A Steelers Victory:
- The defense has to stop Ezekiel Elliot. The rookie is already the premier back in the league and the way the defense has played against the run lately, he could turn it into a long day.
- The defense needs to force Dak Prescott into making rookie mistakes. He has played like a veteran in his rookie campaign and rarely makes an error.
- Ben Roethlisberger must play like the elite QB he is. He looked terrible most of last week and now it’s time to get back on track.
- Sammie Coates or Eli Rogers will need to step up and take pressure off of Antonio Brown. The Steelers strength (the receiving corps) at the beginning of this year is turning into a weakness and someone needs to step up opposite of A.B.
Here are a Few Things to Watch:
- Mike Tomlin-How did he prep this team this week? Will he atone for the disastrous job he did last week?
- Artie Burns-He had some good plays last week in his first NFL start, including a pick, can he continue to build on that success?
- LeVeon Bell-He wasn’t very good last week either, how will he bounce back knowing Ezekiel Elliott is taking away the title of best back in the league and is standing on the opposite sideline?
- Ryan Shazier-When he’s healthy, he’s the best linebacker on the team. He is so explosive and makes phenomenal plays, they’ll need him to do so on Sunday.
Mike Pelaia hosts the website Steel Nation Association http://www.steelnationassociation.com– Covering the Steelers and helping Children’s Hospital All Day Everyday. You can e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.