UPDATED: Nov. 3, 8:28 AM EST:
Citing threats, a woman suing Donald Trump for alleged child rape abruptly canceled a Wednesday news conference, her lawyer said in statement, writes The Daily Beast:
“We’re going to have to reschedule. I apologize to all of you who came. I have nothing further,” Lisa Bloom, the woman’s lawyer announced. “Jane Doe has received numerous threats today… She has decided she is too afraid to show her face.”
The woman accuses Trump of raping her at a 1994 sex party when she was 13 years old. The party was allegedly at the home of Jeffrey Epstein, a sex offender who has pleaded guilty to soliciting sex from underage girls. The woman accuses Trump of raping her and violently striking her when she resisted. However, the woman has not previously come forward publicly, and previous communications with her legal team have been riddled with inconsistencies.SOURCE: The Daily Beast
Woman Who Sued Trump For Child Rape Will Come Forward
The unnamed woman who accused Donald Trump of raping her at 13 will come forward in a news conference on Wednesday at 6 p.m. ET, according to The Daily Beast.
The woman, known as “Jane Doe,” is represented by Los Angeles based lawyer Lisa Bloom, daughter of Gloria Allred, a high-profile attorney.
“More than four months ago a woman using the pseudonym “Jane Doe” sued Donald Trump for a series of sexual assaults that she alleges occurred at parties in New York in 1994. Jane Doe was just thirteen years old at the time,” reads a statement by Bloom’s law firm.
The woman alleges Donald Trump sexually and physically assaulted her while she attended a party hosted by billionaire Jeffrey Epstein in 1994. Epstein was later convicted of soliciting sex from an underage girl.
She filed two lawsuits against the real estate mogul in Manhattan and Los Angeles, but both cases were dismissed.
The woman will reveal her identity after several others accused the Republican candidate of sexual assault, ranging from inappropriate groping to unwanted advances. Trump has denied the allegations and threatened to sue his accusers.
In October, Bloom offered legal services for any accuser sued by Trump.
SOURCE: The Daily Beast | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Radio One, Inc. Says ‘#NotOneMore’
NEWS ROUNDUP: Four Women Accuse Donald Trump Of Sexual Assault…AND MORE
Also On New Pittsburgh Courier:
Red Carpet Rundown: 2016 Oscars
18 photos Launch gallery
1. Chris Rock
1 of 18
2. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend
2 of 18
3. Sylvester Stallone & His Wife
3 of 18
4. Pharrell Williams
4 of 18
5. Kerry Washington
5 of 18
6. Rachel McAdams and Michael B. Jordan
6 of 18
7. Mindy Kaling
7 of 18
8. Andra Day
8 of 18
9. The Weeknd
9 of 18
10. Kevin Hart (R) with fiancee Eniko Parrish
10 of 18
11. Priyanka Chopra
11 of 18
12. Lady Gaga
12 of 18
13. Sofia Vergara
13 of 18
14. Leonardo DiCaprio
14 of 18
15. Brie Larson
15 of 18
16. Charlize Theron
16 of 18
17. Olivia Wilde
17 of 18
18. Jennifer Lawrence
18 of 18