PITTSBURGH, PA – The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Violent Crime Unit has arrested a serial robber that has struck multiple businesses across the city since late August.
Fredrick Pryor, 30, of Carrick was taken into custody yesterday within an hour of committing a robbery on Arlington Avenue. Pryor would commonly wear a floppy brimmed hat while committing his robberies.
Pryor’s arrest culminated a 7-week long investigation into a dozen armed business robberies in the City of Pittsburgh, as well as several robberies outside of the City. At this point, Pryor will be charged for the following robberies:
- August 31 at 1:22 p.m., Princess Beauty and Fashion, 5152 Penn Avenue
- September 8 at 5:33 p.m., Wine and Spirits, 826 Hazelwood Avenue
- September 9 at 12:26 p.m., Hospital Corner Minimart, 4201 Penn Avenue
- September 13 at 12:21 p.m., Radio Shack/Spring, 2060 Warton Street
- September 13 at 1:27 p.m., Uni-Mart, 1601 Lowrie Street
- September 20 at 3:00 p.m., Family Dollar, 2020 Spring Garden Avenue
- September 23 at 2:00 p.m., Choung’s Market, 2208 Arlington Avenue
- September 24 at 7:20 a.m., Seven Eleven, 601 Penn Avenue
- October 7 at 1:50 a.m., Uni-Mart, 1921 Brownsville Road
- October 13 at 11:09 a.m., Be Nice African Braiding, 639 Hillsboro Street
- October 13 at 12:06 p.m., Ann’s Market, 2316 Webster Avenue
- October 13 at 2:01 p.m., Choung’s Market, 2208 Arlington Avenue