• If you’re reading this now, you still have time to do two important things:
#1 – Get your child to the Armon Gilliam/Leroy “Free” Freeman Memorial Hard Work Basketball Camp at the Penn Hills YMCA. $25 covers supervision. Saturday and Sunday, August 6th and 7th. T-Shirt, certificate and games. Call 412-628-4856 for more information.
#2 – The Par-Tay is on. The 40 year anniversary reunion party for the Connie Hawkins League All Players, Coaches and Wanna-Be’s are welcome. $10 at the door, cash bar, 50/50, “Come Fly with the Hawk One More Time!”
• By now you know your Bucs, aka Pittsburgh Pirates, are in trouble, but that being said, they’re only 2½ games out. Coach Clint Hurdle will bring them around and they will make that wild card. Take it to the bank. But know Little Johnny, there will be no World Series this year. That you can cash as well!
• For the record, “Cutch” ain’t “Cutch” right now, but he will turn it around . . . the great ones always do. And ladies and gentlemen, Andrew McCutchen is a great one.
• The answer to the Pittsburgh Steelers’ problem of Martavis Bryant not playing this season due to stupidity is . . . Antonio Brown! Just throw him Bryant’s balls.
• I tell you this every year, but when it’s Steelers time, the Pirates become a second thought. Right here, right now . . . It’s Steelers time. First pre-season game is Friday, August 12th against the Detroit Lions. Super Bowl #7 – HERE WE COME!!!