- You realize that on a weekly basis, I desperately try to deliver the truth to you, but some of you . . . Black Republicans . . . “can’t handle the truth!” (Black Republican, now there’s an oxymoron for you if there ever was one.) (Oxymoron, noun – a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction. That’s for you Chuck Franklin era 5th Avenue grads . . . hey relax, just kidding!)
- Anyway, here’s the truth. “We will win the Super Bowl. “We will beat the Colts.” Joe Namath – “I told ya Sonny Liston can’t beat me . . . I shook up the world!” Muhammad Ali – “Four, Four, Four. We will win the NBA championship!” Moses Malone – “Fighters know fighters and George Foreman knows he can’t whop me!” Muhammad Ali – “Secretariat will win, and by 2 lengths. I guarantee it!” Penny Chenery, owner. Oh, by the way, the horse won by an unfathomable 31 lengths.
- What’s the point to all this you ask? Hillary Clinton will win in a landslide. It won’t be close. And that Little Jimmy, you can take to the bank!
- Barack Hussein Obama . . . you’re a Bad Man! Your DNC speech once again set the world on fire.
- Don’t worry, I’m going to bring you the Olympic story as promised, but just imagine this. If you’re Bob Beamon, World Olympic Long Jump Record Holder . . . you’re the only man in the history of the planet to jump 29 feet 2½ inches in Olympic competition. Think that’s no big deal? Just walk off 29 feet and be amazed.
- Steelers go to camp today. Bell will be suspended for 4 games. Of course he will. Antonio Brown will get paid. Pouncey is healed and set to go and defensive glory will return to the black and gold to help ring in their 7th Super Bowl!!!!!
- Your Pittsburgh Pirates will rally to get a wild card game and that’s it. For that matter, that’s all you expected. YOU – CAN – NOT – WIN – A – WORLD – SERIES – WITHOUT – WORLD – SERIES – PITCHING!
- Next to the last call for you:
#1 – The Armon “The Hammer” Gilliam and Leroy “Free” Freeman Memorial “Hard Work” Basketball Camp is set for Saturday and Sunday, August 6th and 7th at the Penn Hills YMCA, for boys and girls ages 8-16 years old. Camp registration at 8:30 a.m. sharp. $25 fee for the weekend. Includes lunch both days, t-shirt, certificate, skills & drills, games and professional supervision. Almost at capacity of 100. Call right away to get in. 412-628-4856.
#2 – The 40 year anniversary reunion of the nationally recognized Connie Hawkins Summer Basketball League will be at The Savoy Saturday, August 6th, 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. $10 at the door, cash bar, 50/50, and light snacks. Come one. Come all. Players, coaches and wanna be’s!
You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line