With all of the recent tragedies happening in our country, it’s nice to stumble across something that can truly put a smile on your face. That is exactly the case with the photos circulating online of an all-natural hair bridal party that has become an overnight viral sensation.
Generally, the goal of every bride-to-be is to set herself and her ceremony apart from everyone else’s. Brides actually go to great lengths to ensure their individuality and personal style are firmly present throughout their wedding ceremony.
For bride Nakyia, her destination nuptials on the beach in the Dominican Republic provided the perfect scenic backdrop, but she wanted to stand out in another way…naturally.
Nakyia wears her natural, bountiful Afro with pride, and chose to do the same on her wedding day. The beautiful and inspiring twist is she also requested that her bridal party wear their hair naturally.
When the stunning photos made their way around social media, people couldn’t stop gushing about the #BlackGirlMagic that was exuding from the photos, as the lovely ladies showcased the stunning, natural beauty of Black women and specifically their hair. The bride and bridal party simply let their natural curls hang out and accentuated them with large, white flowers to complement the lovely seaside view.
Beside the fact that it’s gorgeous to look at, it’s pretty inspiring to see Black women dictate what constitutes as beautiful while leaving traditional beauty standards behind. Congratulations to the bride, groom, and the fierce bridal party!
SOURCE: Instagram | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
2016: The Year of Celeb Births, Pregnancies, Engagements, & Weddings
1. Kerry WashingtonSource:PR 1 of 16
2. Angela SimmonsSource:Instagram 2 of 16
3. Jurnee Smollett BellSource:PR 3 of 16
4. Tiny and T.I.Source:Instagram 4 of 16
5. Coco and Ice TSource:Instagram 5 of 16
6. Tatyana AliSource:Facebook 6 of 16
7. Draya and Orlando ScandrickSource:Instagram 7 of 16
8. Blac Chyna and Rob KardashianSource:Instagram 8 of 16
9. Kandi BurrussSource:Instagram 9 of 16
10. Ciara and Russell WilsonSource:Instagram 10 of 16
11. Adrienne and Chris BoshSource:Instagram 11 of 16
12. Teyana Taylor and Iman ShumpertSource:PR Photos 12 of 16
13. Grace Gealey and Trai ByersSource:Instagram 13 of 16
14. Tyra BanksSource:Instagram 14 of 16
15. Chrissy TeigenSource:PR 15 of 16
16. Melanie FionaSource:Instagram 16 of 16
This Natural Hair Bridal Party Is Breaking The Internet was originally published on hellobeautiful.com