Talk about a special Mother’s Day delivery.
Los Angeles Police Officers Maraea Toomalatai and Brian Armendariz probably thought they were doing a routine stop when they pulled over a speeding car early Sunday morning. But when they found mom-to-be Sasha Murphy inside, in active labor, they knew this was no ordinary situation.
With some quick thinking, the officers helped deliver a healthy baby right inside the vehicle. A thankful mom and dad named the baby boy Messiah Tindley.
From the LA Times:
The officers instructed the father, Mohammed Tindley, to follow them, giving the couple a police escort to Dignity Health California Medical Center.
When they arrived at the hospital, one officer alerted staff while the other assisted Murphy, who gave birth to a healthy baby boy, police said.
Messiah Tindley was born inside the vehicle escorted by the officers, the LAPD said.
The department later commended the officers, who each have three years of service with the LAPD, for jumping right into action and handling the sensitive situation appropriately.
“The officers’ quick thinking, compassion, reasoning and loving character reflected positively in our community,” the LAPD said. “These two officers understand the importance of our mission, vision and core values and should be commended.”
Congratulations to the new parents. We wish mom, dad, and Messiah the best.
SOURCE: LA Times | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
The Mother’s Day Gift Guide: Shop Black Owned Businesses For Every Type Of Mother
1. For The Mom That Loves To CookSource: 1 of 20
2. For The Mom With A Sweet ToothSource: 2 of 20
3. For Mom That Is Into Her HairSource: 3 of 20
4. For The Mom That Loves JewelrySource: 4 of 20
5. For The Mom That Loves ArtSource: 5 of 20
6. For The Mom That Is Concerned About AgingSource: 6 of 20
7. For The Mom That Loves AromatherapySource: 7 of 20
8. For The Conscious MomSource: 8 of 20
9. For The Mom That Loves To TravelSource: 9 of 20
10. For The Mom That Needs To Pamper HerselfSource: 10 of 20
11. For The Mom That Needs That Extra Oomph!Source: 11 of 20
12. For The Mom That Loves MusicSource: 12 of 20
13. For The Stylish MomSource: 13 of 20
14. For The Mom That Is Easily StressedSource: 14 of 20
15. For The Corporate MomSource: 15 of 20
16. For The Organic MomSource: 16 of 20
17. For The Mom That Loves To WriteSource: 17 of 20
18. For The Mom That Loves Her FurbabySource: 18 of 20
19. For The Healthy MomSource: 19 of 20
20. For The Mom That Loves Her SkinSource: 20 of 20
A Little Positivity: LAPD Officers Help Deliver Baby Boy On Mother’s Day was originally published on newsone.com