Kerry Washington channeled her inner Olivia Pope and called out an industry scandal of her own.
Another photoshopping controversy over her Adweek cover fans, industry insiders and Kerry Washington herself were taken aback by the cover which looked nothing like our brown beauty.
Ever since I read that she decided she had to be the “Chief Marketing Officer” of her own brand, it further solidifies how hard she’s had to work to shape career she wants and the respect she deserves. Standing in a small class of celebs who prefer that their work speaks instead of their personal lives. I see you, lady!
Turning everything into vibes, the cover might have been lacking, but the interview was EVERYTHING.
It’s a masterclass on enhancing and elevating your life to new levels.
No one wants to work with a mean girl, beauties. Kerry Washington knows this first hand, stating, “I was really aware of the dynamics of being what they call a ‘No. 1’ on a call sheet. I’ve never wanted to come across as bossy or abuse that position with my castmates or with the crew.” Rarely taking all the credit, in response to the AD Week controversy, she took to her Instagram to call out the things that are important to her, including the importance of strong professional support and her awesome professional team. What a way to share the credit!
Make your own opportunities.
Not only is she the star of Scandal, Kerry is producing and starring in HBO’s Confirmation, about Anita Hill, and developing a new a show for ABC. You better let those Shonda Rhimes vibes rub off on you! “I enjoy being proactive. I enjoy not sitting at home, waiting to be invited to a party.”
The world around you should reflect your point of view.
Kerry is not only a brand ambassador, but also the creative consultant for Neutrogena for the past 5 years. She is credited to facilitating their expansion of foundation color offerings for women.
“When I joined the company, I think the darkest foundation shade was tan, and it was not a match for me [laughs]…I don’t want to work in places where I don’t get to have a voice, and this felt like a place where I actually could have a really important voice.” ~ Kerry Washington
Great advice for sprinkling a little everlasting black girl magic!
The Best Style & Beauty Moments From Kerry Washington
1. Kerry Washington attends the 2014 Allstate Foundation Purple Purse ProgrameSource:Craig Barritt/Getty Images 1 of 21
2. Kerry Washington attends the Celebrities Arrive At the 2015 MET GalaSource:Larry Busacca/Getty Images 2 of 21
3. Kerry Washington attends the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy AwardsSource:Jason Merritt/Getty Images 3 of 21
4. Kerry Washington attends the 2016 ABFF Awards: A Celebration Of HollywoodSource:Jason Kempin/BET/Getty Images 4 of 21
5. Kerry Washington attends the 2016 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon CarterSource:Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/Getty Images 5 of 21
6. Kerry Washington attends the NYC Special Screening of HBO Film 'Confirmation'Source:Paul Zimmerman/Getty Images 6 of 21
7. Kerry Washington attends the 102nd White House Correspondents' Association DinnerSource:Larry Busacca/Getty Images 7 of 21
8. Kerry Washington attends the 'Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology' Costume Institute GalaSource:Taylor Hill/Getty Images 8 of 21
9. Kerry Washington attends the The 22nd Annual Critics' Choice AwardsSource:Steve Granitz/Getty Images 9 of 21
10. Kerry Washington attends the 28th Annual Producers Guild AwardsSource:Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/Getty Images 10 of 21
11. Kerry Washington attends the 23rd Annual Screen Actors Guild AwardsSource:Todd Williamson/Getty Images 11 of 21
12. Kerry Washington attends the 2017 Writers Guild Awards L.A. CeremonySource:Jeffrey Mayer/Getty Images 12 of 21
13. Kerry Washington attends the 2017 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Graydon CarterSource:John Shearer/Getty Images 13 of 21
14. Kerry Washington attends the 48th NAACP Image AwardsSource:Jason LaVeris/Getty Images 14 of 21
15. Kerry Washington attends the The Paley Center For Media's 34th Annual PaleyFest Los AngelesSource:Jason LaVeris/Getty Images 15 of 21
16. Kerry Washington attends the 2017 CFDA Fashion AwardsSource:Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images 16 of 21
17. Kerry Washington attends the 2017 FGI Night Of Stars Modern Voices GalaSource:Gary Gershoff/Getty Images 17 of 21
18. Kerry Washington attends the NBC's '75th Annual Golden Globe Awards'Source:Neilson Barnard/NBCUniversal/Getty Images 18 of 21
19. Kerry Washington attends the 49th NAACP Image AwardsSource:Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images 19 of 21
20. Kerry Washington attends the 20th CDGA (Costume Designers Guild Awards)Source:David Crotty/Getty Images 20 of 21
21. Kerry Washington attends the 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party Hosted By Radhika JonesSource:George Pimentel/Getty Images 21 of 21
Kerry Washington Discusses How To Elevate Your Life was originally published on hellobeautiful.com