- First of all, tip of the ball to Jamie Dixon, Pitt basketball coach. Great job coach. Job well done and replacing you won’t be easy. Happy trails at TCU (For those of you not in the know . . . TCU is Texas Christian University . . . that’s in Texas . . . Texas has horses . . . thus, happy trails. Now you know!)
- That being said, as of the day after Jamie’s departure, the word on the street is that Sean Miller, former Pitt legend and current Arizona coach, will be the next Pitt head coach. And why wouldn’t he be? You see little Johnny . . . you can go home!
- If no one has told you by now . . . and you don’t know the ending . . . go see “10 Cloverfield Lane” really good movie and totally unpredictable. I give it 3½ basketballs.
. IT WILL FOOL YOU!!!
- Please don’t be too quick to judge Martavis Bryant, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver suspended for a year for failing his 4th drug test. Remember . . . “If There’s a Hell Below, We’re All Gonna Go!” (The late great Curtis Mayfield . . . “Stone Junkie”). Matter of fact, if chicken wings was an addiction, I would have been dead a long time ago!
- I keep telling ya . . . and by ya, I mean my old man, Zik, and Mike Booker, the Spurs will win the West, beat the Warriors, and then Bron-Bron and the Cavs for the title. (For the record, the Cavs get their ring next year. They’re still missing that something . . . something!). Oh, by the way, this is all based on the Spurs spanking Golden State a few days ago without the great Time Duncan.
- Your Pittsburgh Pirates kick off the 2016 run on Sunday, April 3rd against St. Louis at home. GET YOUR WILD CARD TICKETS NOW!!!
- Well boys and girls, apparently the current Allderdice boys basketball team is not the greatest city league team of all time. . . I’m just sayin.
< You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line >
Also On New Pittsburgh Courier:
Red Carpet Rundown: 2016 Oscars
17 photos Launch gallery