Transform Your Hair From The Office To The Runway
1. The Bun - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 1 of 27
2. The Bun - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 2 of 27
3. Step 3 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 3 of 27
4. Step 4 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 4 of 27
5. Step 5 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 5 of 27
6. Step 6 - The BunSource:Alicia Fajardo 6 of 27
7. The Headband - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 7 of 27
8. The Headband - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 8 of 27
9. The Headband - Step 3Source:Alicia Fajardo 9 of 27
10. The Headband - Step 4Source:Alicia Fajardo 10 of 27
11. The Headband - Step 5Source:Alicia Fajardo 11 of 27
12. The Headband - Step 6Source:Alicia Fajardo 12 of 27
13. Twistout - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 13 of 27
14. Twistout - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 14 of 27
15. Twistout - Step 3Source:Alicia Fajardo 15 of 27
16. Twistout - Step 4Source:Alicia Fajardo 16 of 27
17. Twistout - Step 5Source:Alicia Fajardo 17 of 27
18. Twistout - Step 6Source:Alicia Fajardo 18 of 27
19. Twistout - Step 7Source:Alicia Fajardo 19 of 27
20. Twistout - Step 8Source:Alicia Fajardo 20 of 27
21. Pincurls - Step 1Source:Alicia Fajardo 21 of 27
22. Pincurls - Step 2Source:Alicia Fajardo 22 of 27
23. Pincurls - Step 3Source:Alicia Fajardo 23 of 27
24. Pincurls - Step 4Source:Alicia Fajardo 24 of 27
25. Pincurls - Step 5Source:Alicia Fajardo 25 of 27
26. Pincurls - Step 6Source:Alicia Fajardo 26 of 27
27. Pincurls - Step 7Source:Alicia Fajardo 27 of 27
Fashion week can be a hectic time when you have to balance your regular work schedule and trying to attend some of your favorite designers’ shows. I’m here to help make sure when you hit those tents your hair will be just as fab and trendy as the fashion. I am going to take four standard office hairstyles that you can quickly transform into a hairstyle all your fellow New York Fashion Week attendees will admire. So after you hop up out the bed and turn your swag on, take a look in the mirror and say HOLD UP because we are about to take your hairstyle from the office to the runway.
Every woman knows throwing your hair into a quick bun for work is an easy way to look professional. I want to show you how to put that easy bun to work while you’re working. By setting your bun a certain way and using some light holding spray, you will be able to go from librarian to supermodel in no time.
- Step1: In the morning before you head to work, put your hair in a neat and secure ponytail, take the ponytail and begin to wrap it around your fingers like you are creating one big pincurl.
- Step 2: Once your roll the hair all the way to the base of the ponytail as tight as it can be, secure the pin curl with som hair pins.
- Step 3: Once your pin curled bun is secured grab your favorite edge control to slick down those fly always and hairspray to spray and set the pin curl.
- Step 4: Now your work day is finished and it is time to transform that bun. Take the bobby pins out and gently remove the hair tie.
- Step 5: Take a comb and make a deep side part and smooth the hair in the back to the side(you can secure it with a few bobby pins).
- Step 6: Lastly gently run your fingers through your hair like a wide tooth comb to loosen up the curls and spray a little hairspray to pull the look together.
A good headband adds a little extra style when wearing your hair down. This functional fashion tool is going to pull double duty for this fashion week hair transformation. Beauties, we know how important it is to have those edges laid when doing an updo. An easy trick is while you’re at work use a cute headband to lay down your edges. This will result in a foundation for your sexy updo will be flat and smooth.
- Step 1: Before heading to work be sure to use your favorite edge control. I love using Dr. Miracles “Edge Control Gel” because it isn’t to heavy or greasy but it definitely keeps your edges in place throughout the day. Once you have laid your edges to your liking put your headband on and you’re out the door.
- Step 2: You are going to separate your hair into two ponytails by making a straight part ear to ear. Your edges all around your head should be nice and smooth because your headband held you down during the day. Once you have your two ponytails, bring the front ponytail towards your face.
- Step 3: Separate the ponytail in the back into 2 sections (clipping one section to the side while you style the other). Lightly twist that section, wrap it around the base of the ponytail in the front and secure with a hair pin(repeat on the other section of the back ponytail).
- Step 4: The hair in the front should go to the side (decide which side you like best because that is the direction you’re going to twist the hair towards). Starting from the back of the ponytail (where the hair twisted up from the back is located), loosely twist hair under and around as if you were putting your hair in a bun. Keep loosely twisting the hair around and tucking it under until you are back at your starting point.
- Step 5: Secure the end of the twisted ponytail under the other twisted hair from the back with a couple hairpins.
- Step 6: Now you have a chic and sexy updo that was low maintence but will go well with your high fashion! Viola!
My natural girls, I could not forget about you! Though the twist out is a popular hairstyle amongst the natural hair community. This look does work on all hair types. This is one of my go to looks because the braided design looks intricate but as you’ll learn, it’s very easy to do. Try this style and turn more heads than the newest looks on the runway!
- Step 1: Section off your hair into 3 parts. First do an ear to ear part (put a clip on hair in the back). Then with the front section divide it in two by making a part down the middle. You are going to do about 8-10 two-strand twist. Be sure to use some product like Cantu “Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream” and some of their “Anti-Frizz Oil” to assure a good twist out.
- Step 2: Now here is the MAJOR KEY to this twist out transformation, roll the ends of the twist with a bobby pin. By doing so you will make sure you get a tight twist, and you will be able to stretch out your hair to get a little more length.
- Step 3: With the front two sections simply make two flat two-strand twist going to the back(roll ends with a bobby pin).
- Step 4: To make the twist more workplace friendly, simply swirl them around in a bun in the back of your head and you will have a simple low bun with a middle part
- Step 5: Work is done and it’s time to unwind…literally. Take your hair down and untwist your hair. For fullness take a wide tooth comb and lift the roots a little.
- Step 6: To take it up a notch we are going to make for small basic box braids in the front of your head, 2 on each side of the middle part. Section off the hair in the front on the sides closest to your ears. Crisscross the braids at the top like you would your laces in your sneaker. Then you are going to pin them down behind the ear.
- Step 7: Take the hair that you sectioned off in the front and use a bobby pin to pull it over the hair in the back.
- Step 8: Repeat on the other side and overlap the hair from the other section. Fluff your curls on the bottom and go slay.
This hair trend may be a little out of the ordinary but it will be the basis for such a fly look that everyone is going to think you spent your day in the salon. Pincurls have been around for years and have been used to set some of the most fabulous hairstyles. 4 easy pincurls will take your average messy bun to the next level.
- Step 1: This look will require you to curl your hair before heading to work. Give yourself a middle part in the front and use a curling iron to put a few big barrel curls in your hair.
- Step 2: Take the hair from the front and pull it towards the back while pin curling the ends.
- Step 3: Smooth any flyaways and finish with some hairspray to set your look for the day.
- Step 4: Take out your bobby pins and comb through your curls with your fingers. Bring your hair into a high ponytail. Spread the hair in the ponytail evenly in every direction(hair should fall over your head like an umbrella).
- Step 5: Take the middle section of the hair and put it in a clip to use later. To create volume and a sexy undone look tease all the hair(except the hair in clip).Then cover the teased hair with the hair from the clip.
- Step 6: Gather the hair and tuck it under to form a messy bun. Of course you need your hairpins to keep your bun in place.
- Step 7: Be sure to leave a few pieces from the top section out of the bun to make this look unkept and sexy with a faux swoop bang.
Ladies, there you have it: four hair tricks that can effortlessly switch your look up in no time. Now you don’t have to worry about your boring office hair stopping you from being head to toe fabulous this fashion week.
Check out this gallery for step by step images on how to achieve each look!