Houston, TX (BlackNews.com) — Journalist Roland Martin, nationally-renowned model Beverly Johnson and New York Times best-selling author Lalita Tademy will headline the 2015 National Black Book Festival (NBBF), held Oct. 22-24, 2015 at Fallbrook Church (Gymnasium) in Houston, Texas.
Martin is author of three books and anchors the daily TV One program, “NewsOneNow.” Johnson is an American model, actress and businesswoman, and she will release her memoir, The Face That Changed It All, at the end of August. Tademy is the New York Times best-selling author of three historical novels, including Cane River, which was an Oprah Book Pick in 2001.
Other featured authors for 2015 NBBF include:
* ReShonda Tate Billingsley – Author of 30+ Christian fiction novels and teen novels, whose book, Let the Church Say Amen, has been adopted for a BET feature film which will air Sunday, Aug. 29 at
* Victoria Christopher Murray – Author of 20+ Christian fiction novels and teen novels
* K’Wan – Author of 12+ works of urban fiction, including Animal, Animal II and Animal III
* Mary Monroe – Author of 12+ works of contemporary fiction, including the “God Don’t Like Ugly” series
* Dwayne Alexander Smith, author of best-selling novel Forty Acres, and winner of the 2015 NAACP Image Award for Best Debut Author
The National Black Book Festival is sponsored by a Houston-based company, Cushcity.com, an online retail and marketing firm.
General admission is FREE to the public and includes all author exhibits, featured author sessions, workshops/seminars and entertainment. Special events (reception, breakfast and/or lunch) where food is served require a ticket purchase.