0 reads Leave a comment
- You can say what you want . . . and I know you will . . . but it took a lot of nerve for Bruce Jenner, a/k/a Caitlyn Jenner to go center stage at the ESPY’s and come all the way out of the closet as a transgender person. I don’t care, never did. To each their own and everybody has to find “their corner in the sky.” But, I can tell you this, if you want any secret I’ve got, you’re gonna have to open the casket after I’m dead and get ’em. I ain’t telling nothin!
- A. J. Burnett stood tall and took it like a pro, but I know he’s fuming inside. You mean to tell me he makes the All-Star game for the first time in his “16 year” baseball history and they couldn’t put him in the game for one inning . . . c’mon man!!!
- Dez Bryant signs with the Cowboys for $70 million $ $ $. Guess that tells you who’s who and who’s not.
- Your Pittsburgh Steelers will celebrate “50 years” of training camps this year with a party for the fans starting at noon on July 26th at St. Vincent College in Latrobe. Food, music, vets, games, prizes, the whole nine yards. If you’re a true fan, you’ll get there. Here we go Steelers. Here we go!!!
- You know that old saying what goes around comes around? Well Tiger Woods is the proud owner of that saying now. The man can’t catch a break to save his cheatin life . . . oops, my bad! Even you hard core Tiger haters must admit this poor guy has suffered enough.
- So you all think that Bill Cosby acted alone in this alleged assault on women . . . has anyone thought to ask “Fat Albert” what his role in this whole thing was. I’m just sayin!
- The Armon Gilliam Memorial “Hard Work” Youth Basketball Camp is set for August 15th and 16th for boys and girls ages 8-16 years at the Penn Hill YMCA. $25 for the entire weekend. Complete supervision, college and pro players and coaches, lunch both days, camp t-shirt, training and weight lifting instructions, skills and drills and games. Call (412) 628-4856 to register now. Only 100 spots available. (412) 628-4856.
- Mark your calendar for Saturday, October 17th for the 2nd Annual Pittsburgh City League All-Sports Hall of Fame Inductions honoring the best of the best from the City League. Wyndham Hotel, Oakland, 6:00 p.m. reception, 7:00 p.m. event. Call (412) 628-4856 for information.
< You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line >
Also On New Pittsburgh Courier:
Red Carpet Rundown: 2016 Oscars
17 photos Launch gallery