• I told you when I started this column several months ago that I would bring you the truth . . . the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So, here it is. The Steelers knew all along they would need James Harrison. They were just hoping that they wouldn’t have to call him. Look, you have nothing to lose. If he’s better than what you got, give him the job. If not, send him packin. Let your ego’s go . . . both of you . . . and do the smart thing. Bring on the Silverback.
• I wish I could tell you I’m not the kind of guy that “I told you so!”, but guess what? I am not that guy. I told you when they went to camp they should bring him back. M.J., Mario Lemieux, Deon Sanders, George Foreman, James Harrison . . . these guys are special human beings, capable of very special things . . . that’s why!!!
• For those of you just crossing The Finish Line for the first time, you need to know this . . . #1 – I know nothing about hockey! #2 – The season has started. Now there!!
• James Conner leads the nation in rushing and has Pitt at 3 and 1 on the season. Look for him to rack up another 200 plus on Saturday against the Akron Zips. I don’t know what a Zip is either? Kick-off is at 1:30 p.m. and yes, I’ll be in my spot. Don’t ask!
• The . . . your Pittsburgh Pirates have clinched at least a wild-card spot. Neil Walker is in a mini slump. If they let Russell Martin go, it will be a crime. Andrew McCutchen is starting to light it up in search of back to back MVP’s. John Holdzkom, a 6’9″ country boy with a laser for an arm leads one of the best relief pitching crews in the country. Jay-Hay is still the man and should win the hitting crown. Marte is hitting. Part machine and manager Clint Hurdle can still chew ten sticks at a time, bad hip and all . . . now you’re caught up. You’re welcome!
• Tony Stewart will not be charged for manslaughter. No kidding. Kevin Ward got out of his car on a live track during a race to start a fight with Stewart. Easily not the smartest move of his career!
• Just stop with the Derek Jeter talk. He’s one of the greatest to ever play the game and one of the ten greatest Yankees of all time. Period. End of story!
• No you don’t know the U.S. Ryder Cup is here cause Tiger Woods isn’t playing. That’s the truth and you know it . . . yes it is . . . yes it is . . . oh, just shut up!
< You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line >