11 fashion and beauty lessons from Josephine Baker that we still live by today
June 3, would have marked Josephine Baker’s 108th birthday. And although the world renowned singer/dancer/actress has been gone for almost three decades her spirit and style still live on.
In fact, Rihanna was clearly channeling Josephine’s singular style at the recent CFDA Awards in a bespoke Adam Selman see-through gown made from over 230,000 Swarovski crystals and a sleek pixie covered in a dazzling head wrap.
In celebration of her birthday, here are 11 lessons from the “Bronze Venus” that we still live by today.
1. cutout dresses have and will be always in vogue
2. you can keep it classy and still show plenty of skin
3.Feathers are fun!
4.Pedicures are essential
5. Head-to-toe sparkles never disappoint
6. Never underestimate the power of slicked down baby hairs. Oh, and statement jewelry is a must.
7. Every now and then we should show the fellas how good we look in their clothes.
8. Go big or go home
9. You never need an excuse to throw a fabulous arm party ( aka stack your wrist with baubles)
10. One piece swimsuits are as sexy as a bikini
11. Two Words- smokey eye