Where Only the Truth Matters
• Since we’ve got some basketball season left, let me tell you about the next soap box I am about to get on. What would you do if someone was once the all time leading scorer in Pitt basketball history (now #2), was an All-American, was a Pitt Hall of Famer, and an ACC legend and Hall of Famer? Yep, you’re right. You would hang that person’s shirt in the rafters at the Peterson Event Center . . . okay then, hang Jennifer Bruce’s shirt! C’mon Pitt. First Sam Clancy, now Jennifer Bruce. Whatcha gonna do?
• Don’t tell me I’m the only one who wants to know . . . how in the world do you make a billion dollars being as stupid as Donald Sterling? Yes you did . . . you want to know too . . . yes you do!
• I told you two weeks ago to just relax and your Pittsburgh Pirates would find their way. They simply had to adjust to the rest of the league adjusting to them after last year’s run.
• Look, keep this to yourself, seriously, don’t tell anyone I said this, but I am slowly but surely running out of reasons to hate “LeBron” . . . don’t worry, I’m holding out till “Kobe” gets back.
• If Phil Jackson is as smart as they say he is, and I believe he is, he’ll hire Mark Jackson to coach the Knicks since Steve Kerr snubbed him. Jackson, a New York legend, St. John’s star and former Knick is just what the Zen Master should order.
• They’re your Penguins, not mine. Anyway, they’re out again!
• Wait a minute . . . There’s no kissing in football mmmaaannn!
• If you want to do something great for your mom, take her to the Celebration of Women Champions’ Luncheon at St. James Church, Saturday, May 24th, 2:00 p.m., honoring Pittsburgh’s finest women. Call (412) 628-4856 for information.
You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line