by Bill Neal
• Say what you want. And Lord knows I do. And by now you all know I am a “Heat Hater.” But when a man 6’9″ and 260 pounds . . . LeBron James, can shut down a man 6’2″ and 180 pounds . . . Tony Parker, he’s a bad mother . . . . ! Shut your mouth . . . I am just talkin about shaft!
• Aaron Hernandez. If you did it or had anything to do with it and forfeited the 40 million you just signed for, the almighty judge should lock you in a cell next to Rae Carruth that’s 4×4 with the words stupid printed on every inch of each wall for the rest of your natural life!
• For real . . . for real . . . the Pittsburgh Pirates are for real. The pitching will not fail them this year as it did last year. Alvarez is tearing it up and McCutchen has still not gotten hot. Let’s Go Buc’s (but don’t fall short come September. When the Steelers start, the fans will drop you faster than the Patriots dropped Hernandez.
• Early July reminds us of the loss of one our true great friends, the late great Armon “The Hammer” Gilliam. For Armon, Kenny “KD” Durrett, “Jumpin” Gene McCay, Robert “Jeep” Kelly, Nathan “Sonny” Lewis, Kenny West, Len “Houdini” Johnson, Warner Maclin, “Tuna Fish” Jim McCoy Sr., Thomas “June Bug” Howard, Tyrone “Moon” Howard, and all the others that have joined “Heaven’s Hoopers” love ya’ll . . . miss ya’ll.
• Champion Enterprises and the Pittsburgh Corvette Club present Harlem Nights . . . every last Friday at 3 Lakes Golf Club, 6700 Saltsburg Road, Penn Hills. $10 donation benefits Champion’s Safe Summer programs. Free parking, dress to impress, cash bar, cash kitchen, 50/50, quality vendors, line dancing and ballroom dancing. For more information call (412) 628-4856.