- Lopez makes debut as Playboy Jazz Festival host replacing Cosby - 2013-06-18
- Major League Baseball Standings - 2013-06-18
- Metro Briefs: Dowd resigning from City Coucil to join nonprofit - 2013-06-18
- Molly Ringwald rediscovers her jazz roots - 2013-06-18
- Dave Chappelle to headline monthlong comedy tour - 2013-06-18
Writing on her official account on Sunday, Dec. 9, Braxton said: "Feeling a little better today, my nurse just left, just happy to be home!"
|HOSPITALIZED-- In this Feb. 23 photo, singer Toni Braxton arrives at The Hollywood Reporter Nominees Night, at Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa's official residence in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello, File)
The R&B performer said in a Tweet on Friday that she had been hospitalized because of "minor health issues" related to Lupus. A spokeswoman confirmed the hospitalization but had no other details. "But no worries!," Braxton wrote to fans. "I will be out any day now."
The 45-year-old singer of "Un-break My Heart" revealed two years ago she has Lupus, a potentially deadly autoimmune disease that killed Braxton's uncle. She also suffers from a narrowing of the blood vessels in her heart.
Braxton said in a recent "20/20" interview that doctors told her the Lupus diagnosis meant her performing career would likely be diminished and the disease helped push her into a recent bankruptcy.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (3)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)