One of the biggest fashion faux pas when it comes to luggage is borrowing someone else’s. With the availability of affordable luggage you can purchase at places like Kmart, Wal-Mart, TJ Maxx, Marshals, Macy’s or a specialty luggage store there is no need to travel with luggage held together by duct tape and robe like the Clampetts.
These days you don’t have to stick to that standard Black bag.
The luggage I’ve looked at lately really says something. I love the luggage with skylines and scenes of my favorite cities like New York and Paris. The beautiful bright colors of some luggage will make a statement when that bag comes rolling down the airport carousel. When you are selecting new luggage check for the compartments inside, you want something that is easy to pack and will keep your clothes in place.
These days I wouldn’t even entertain the thought of buying a set of luggage without wheels. It makes it so easy to get from gate to gate. Since the days of the skycap are long gone a lady has to be able to manage her own luggage.
Check out my favorite 2-piece set by International Traveler, each piece has four wheels and a beautiful picture of the Eiffel Tower. It retails for about $270.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)
- Cleveland’s Charles Ramsey—hood or hero? (2)
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community (1)