- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
- New Pittsburgh Courier to honor 50 Women of Excellence June 20 - 2013-06-15
Nearly 300 party revelers are kicked up their heels at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater’s annual fundraiser: the Full Bloom Summer Dance Party with global sensation DJ Kalkutta rocking the turntables all night long.
The party featured a Spotlight Reception with silent auction; followed by a 9 to Midnight Dance Party at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater in East Liberty. Gail & Steve Mosites were the event co-chairs; Kililo Luckett and John Barbera were Host Committee Co-Chairs.
|GETTIN’ DOWN—The lobby of the Kelly Strayhorn Theatre was made into a dance floor and everyone got down as they partied the night away.
Committee members including: Francine & Jim Abraham, Anna Attar & Joshua Bloom; Anne Brownlee, Yona Harvey & Terrance Hayes, Tim McVey & David Bush, Debra & Manuel Reich, Ayanah Moor & Raquel Rodriguez, Stacyee & Herman Pearl, Hilary Brown & Richard Purcell, Jami Rutherford & Todd Owens and Janera Solomon, executive director of the Kelly Strayhorn Theater.
Performers include D Hip Hop crew Get Down Gang, musicians Geña and Herman Pearl performing together, DJ Soulstrings and installation artist Blaine Siegel.
Full Bloom Summer Dance Party is a major fundraiser for KST that kicks off the summer season. Proceeds from the event help offset the cost of producing and presenting family programming as well as daring contemporary works during the summer.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)