- Conflicting opinions opens affirmative action in med school admissions debate - 2013-06-19
- This Week In Black History - 2013-06-19
- CeeLo and Goodie Mob introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' contest winners at finale concert - 2013-06-19
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
JUNE 22—The African American Chamber of Commerce of Western Pennsylvania will host a Networking Mixer at The Children’s Home, 5324 Penn Ave., Friendship. Connie Bach will be the host of this indoor and outdoor mixer. There will also be a members’ orientation June 26 from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at the Regional Enterprise, Downtown. Guests will learn the value of being part of the chamber’s organized body and programs they offer. Reservations are required. For more information, call 412-392-0610.
MBA Information Session
JUNE 26—The University of Pittsburgh Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business & College of Business Administration will host its Part-time MBA Online Information Session from 1-2 p.m. This is an informative session for individuals interested in attaining their MBA and learning what the university’s program can do for them. There will be a convenient online presentation on how the program is designed to accommodate the demands of the working professional. Registration is required. For more information, visit www.katz.pitt.edu.
Silver Lining For Business
JUNE 27—The Saint Vincent College Small Business Development Center will host “Lunch & Learn: Export Transactions” at Lamplighter Restaurant, Delmont. The workshop will cover the basics of identifying things that one needs to consider as they develop their international pricing models, how to avoid customer misunderstandings, methods for avoiding Letter of Credit discrepancies and more. Registration is requested and the cost is $50, which includes lunch. For more information, call 724-537-4572.
JUNE 28—Jessica Lee and Pittsburgh Gateway Corporation will host Entrepreneurial Thursdays Networking from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at Little E’s, 949 Liberty Ave., Downtown. Every Thursday attendees will have the opportunity to network, while enjoying good music. The cost is $5. For more information, visit www.jessicaleesong.com.
JULY 3—Duquesne University’s Small Business Development Center will host “First Step: Business Start-Up Essentials” from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. at Butler CDC, 112 Woody Dr., Butler. This seminar is for new business start-ups and entrepreneurs without previous business experience. After the workshop attendees will have the option of meeting with a consultant. There will also be a seminar on July 10 at the Duquesne University campus. For more information, visit www.sbdc.duq.edu.
Strategies For Women In Business
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)