- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
The Rankin/Mon Valley/Pittsburgh PA Section, National Council of Negro Women hosted its Third Annual Legacy Awards Luncheon on March 31, at the Hosanna House Ballroom, Wilkinsburg. The seven honorees for the luncheon was Lillian Allen, Hazel Bynum, Theodora Cotten, M. Jeanne Dix, Helen Faison, Carrie Ann James and Cathy Milton.
The guest speaker for the afternoon was Marcia M. Sturdivant, deputy director of the Allegheny County Department of Human Services, Office of Children, Youth and Families; and the Mistress of Ceremonies was KDKA-TV’s news anchor Brenda Waters, National Council of Negro Women.
|HONOREES—The honorees are, from left: Carrie Ann James, M. Jeanne Dix, Cathy Milton, Lillian Allen, Theodora Cotton and Hazel Bynum. (Photos by J.L. Martello)
“Our mission is to lead, develop and advocate for women of African descent as they support their families and communities. We fulfill our mission through research, advocacy and national and community-based health, education and economic empowerment services and programs in the United States and Africa,” said the organization.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!