- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
MAY 5—Monumental Baptist Church, 2240 Wylie Ave., Hill District, will host a Women’s Morning Glory Brunch at 11 a.m. The theme is “Pursuing Your Purpose in the Kingdom” and the topic will be “God Covers Me.” Panelists for the event will be Rev. Nikki Porter-Smith, Trustee Kim Williams, Brea Ellison and Carol White. Carol Streater will be mistress of ceremonies. This is open to the public. For more information, call 412-281-3384.
Pillars of Faith
MAY 5—St. Mark AME Church, 1409 Montier St., Wilkinsburg, will host Pillars of Faith-Tribute to Women, Tea and Art Show at 1 p.m. All are welcome to attend. For more information, call 412-371-2800.
Pre-Mother’s Day Luncheon
MAY 5—Rodman Street Missionary Baptist Church, 6111 Rodman St., East Liberty, will host the Pre-Mother’s Day Daughter & Son Fashion Show/ Luncheon at 1:30 p.m. The theme will be “Destined to Prevail in the Beauty of Holiness.” Young men and women ages 13-23 accompany their mother and mother figures. For more information, call Jeanine Hall-Harris at 412-377-0801.
MAY 6—Aspinwall Presbyterian Church, 299 Center Ave., Aspinwall, will host the Dan Meunier and Resonance, Caribbean Jazz Steel Drums in Concert at 2 p.m. Meunier has been performing for more than 20 years. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call Lynne Williams at 412-389-2381.
MAY 6—The Scholarship Committee of Bethel AME Church, 2720 Webster Ave., Hill District, will host a Gospel Concert at 4 p.m. The concert will feature Minister Karen Arrington. This is a free event. For more information, call 412-683-2160.
MAY 7—Rodman Street Missionary Baptist Church, 6111 Rodman St., East Liberty, will host The Singles Lounge at 7 p.m. There will be an “Act Like A Lady…Think Like A Man” movie panel discussion. Singles, daters and unmarried couples are welcome to attend. For more information, call Tonya Smith at 412-628-0100.
Financial Peace University
ONGOING—Beulah Presbyterian Church, 2500 McCrady Rd., Churchill, will host a Financial Peace University from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Every Tuesday from now through May 28, this 13-week video series with Dave Ramsey, will teach attendees the important facts and figures about personal spending and saving. Registration is requested and the cost is $100. For more information, call 724-212-3174 or 412-242-4570.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Black community not to blame for August Wilson Center crisis (13)
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker (2)
- Can the Black community change the face of the music industry? (3)
- Cleveland’s Charles Ramsey—hood or hero? (2)
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community (1)