- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
APRIL 25—The NAACP will host a Regional Diversity Job Fair from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Marriott Pittsburgh Center, 112 Washington Place, Uptown. This is a great opportunity to meet face-to-face with companies that are hiring and looking for experienced candidates just like you. Attendees should bring several copies of their resume. For more information, call 952-595-4496 ext. 112.
MAY 4—-Duquesne University’s Small Business Development Center will host its QuickBooks Report Seminar from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the university’s Rockwell Hall, 600 Forbes Ave., Uptown. This seminar is intended for individuals who are familiar with the business software and would like to expand their knowledge in generating and customizing financial reports, forms/templates and QuickBooks letters. Registration is required and the cost is $45. For more information, call 412-396-6233.
Tribute to Women
MAY 16—The YWCA of Greater Pittsburgh will host a Tribute to Women Leadership Awards Luncheon from 12-2 p.m. at the Westin Convention Center, 1000 Penn Ave., Downtown. WPXI-TV News Anchor Jennifer Abney will be the mistress of ceremonies. Reservations are required and the cost is $70. For more information, visit www.ywcapgh.org.
MAY 17—The Pittsburgh Airport Area Chamber of Commerce will host an Email & Social Media Marketing Seminar from 8 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1160 Thorn Run Rd., Coraopolis. This seminar, taught by Dave Yunghans of Constant Contact, will teach employers how to inform, inspire and create long-term meaningful connections with engagement marketing, building the relationships that build one’s business. Registration is required. For more information, call 412-264-6270.
ONGOING—The Triangle Chapter of Professional Referral Exchange will host its Meeting at 12 p.m. at Tambellini’s Restaurant, 139 7th St., Downtown. Each Tuesday PRE will host their weekly meetings that will feature one speaker from the group who will outline their area of expertise. Attendees are asked to bring business cards. For more information, call Eve Peterson at 412-761-8583 or visit www.prorefx.com.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- 'Africa Day': In Ethiopia, African Union celebrates 50 years (1)
- Robert L. Johnson receives highest award recognition From Black Enterprise magazine (1)
- Is Scandal’s Olivia Pope just like the reality show chicks? (4)
- Time to share the ‘truth’ about ‘timeshares’ (5)
- Community outraged over toddler’s shooting death, Rayco declares 'War' (1)