- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
The Five N One Churches in the Hill District extended an invitation to the entire Pittsburgh community to come share with them in a Palm Sunday worship service and fellowship on April 1. The service was be held at the Calvary Baptist Church, Wylie Avenue, in the Hill District. Bishop David A. Zubik brought the Palm Sunday message this year. For the past 16 years, the Five N One Churches of the Hill District have come together to manifest an expression of the Body of Christ coming together across denominational lines for worship, fellowship and mutual cooperation.
|DANCE TOGETHER—Members of all five churches do a dance selection together. (Photos by J.L. Martello)
They celebrate the common high note of the various expressions of the faith during this season observed as Lent. Starting with Ash Wednesday, then Palm Sunday, concluding with a week of services Monday thru Friday at the Ebenezer Baptist Church, Wylie Avenue. The churches included: Bethel AME Church, Rev. Steven A. Jackson; Calvary Baptist Church, Rev. Melvin T. Jackson; Ebenezer Baptist Church, Rev. Dr. J. V. A. Winsett; Monumental Baptist Church, Rev. Thomas E. Smith; and Wesley Center AMEZ Church, Rev. Glenn G Grayson.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!