- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
|PILLOW TALK—Not in order: Tiffany Beacher, Cara Williams, Teresa Jones, Dominique Wilborn, Levi Redcross, Ethan Michaels, Zalman pollar, and Di Lin show off their pillows.
To highlight the accomplishments of students who participated in MCG’s Summer Studio Intensives—a five-week visual arts camp for teens 13–18 years old—all four arts studios featured demonstrations and opportunities to beat the summer heat creating works of using techniques learned during the summer program.
Throughout the afternoon, open studios allowed the hands on effect of using the sun to print photographic images outside, creating customized pillows or handbags using silkscreen in the design studio and mosaic mirrors in the ceramics studio, plus videos made by digital arts students.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs (1)
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)