FAMILIES UNITED—Families United Celebration sponsored by the Allegheny County Department of Human Office of Children, Youth and Families invited Allegheny County families to gather for a day of events, music and fun to celebrate and recognize that families are the foundation of our community and the stronghold that protects and nurtures our children at Schenley Park Ice Skating Rink Aug. 21.
This event was free and open to the public. There was live music and entertainment, including obstacle courses, arts and crafts and Native American and African dance groups. The event was expected to draw nearly 2,000 participants with 150 volunteers. The above photos show some of the young participants in the event.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete (2)
- Sergio Garcia will pay dearly for Tiger remarks (1)
- Detroit's emergency manager takes on critics in candid interview about city’s future (1)
- High court poised to upend civil rights policies (1)
- Butler: What Obama must say to African-American grads (2)