- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
The service award recognizes outstanding service by an adult or organization in the development of scouting for low-income rural or urban youth.
|HONOREES—Ernest Jackson and Eric Mann, representing the YMCA, holding their awards are surrounded by scouts.
The honorees were; Ernest C. Jackson and the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh.
Pete Gibson, of the 1966 undefeated Schenley Spartans basketball team, was the keynote speaker.
There was a honoree reception in which the proceeds from the evening went to benefit the youth of the Scout reach program.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)