- Heritage, Symphony partner to provide classical music experience to Braddock children - 2013-06-19
- Conflicting opinions opens affirmative action in med school admissions debate - 2013-06-19
- This Week In Black History - 2013-06-19
- CeeLo and Goodie Mob introduce 'Elevate Young Black Voices' contest winners at finale concert - 2013-06-19
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise - 2013-06-19
Some of the activities include master class jazz workshops by renowned music educators at the Sylvan Amphitheater and live concert performances by the students at the theater and the National Mall.
Students will attend concert performance by the Smithsonian Jazz Master Work Orchestra, an Ella Fitzgerald salute by the Brad Lind Orchestra featuring vocalist Lena Seikaly, who has drawn comparisons to Ella Fitzgerald. Additional concerts will feature Afro Blue, the Howard University vocal jazz ensemble, which was named best college jazz group by Downbeat Magazine.
Pittsburgh’s Next Generation of Music Legends is a newly-founded organization whose mission is to create educational and career opportunity for talented youth musicians to develop their skills under the guidance of professional musicians and music educators. PNGML is requesting support in this upcoming tour by providing a financial donation to help underwrite the cost of this trip. No amount is too small or too big.
Other activities will include tours of historic D.C. landmarks such as the capitol, the Lincoln Memorial, the Smithsonian African American Exhibition and the Holocaust Museum.
Also included in the trip is a unique opportunity to have brunch at former Pittsburgher, supermodel and TV show host B. Smith’s famed restaurant in Union Square and a live concert by the Count Basie Orchestra at the Blue Alley Supper Club.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)