- 2013 National Urban League Conference, 'Redeem the Dream' set for Philly - 2013-06-18
- The Wise Decision...Replace your trigger foods - 2013-06-18
- Passion begin 2013 playoffs with 63-0 beat down of Cincinnati - 2013-06-17
- Toomey Update: Two judges confirmed for PA's Eastern District including first Latina - 2013-06-16
- New Pittsburgh Courier to honor 50 Women of Excellence June 20 - 2013-06-15
Home opener set for Riverhounds inaugural season at Highmark Stadium
Created on Thursday, 14 February 2013 15:33 Last Updated on Thursday, 14 February 2013 15:33 Published on Friday, 15 February 2013 06:02 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 325
Darren Amoo is entering his first professional season and will add a different dynamic to the Riverhounds attack. A dominant left-footed player, Amoo is extremely creative, strong and has deceptive pace that will cause problems to most defenders. Amoo played collegiately at Liberty University in Virginia. In his three seasons at Liberty, Amoo recorded 37 goals in 58 games and earned Big South honors in each year.
PITTSBURGH—The Pittsburgh Riverhounds will make soccer history in Pittsburgh on Saturday, April 13, when the Club opens its home season at the new Highmark Stadium against in-state rival, Harrisburg City Islanders. The 2013 USL PRO schedule was recently released, bringing a new level of soccer to the league.
Together with Harrisburg, the 14-game home schedule brings back league opponents Rochester Rhinos, Charleston Battery, Richmond Kickers, Charlotte Eagles, Antigua Barracuda FC, Dayton Dutch Lions, Los Angeles Blues, Orlando City, and Wilmington Hammerheads as well as newcomers to the league, Phoenix FC Wolves and VSI Tampa Bay FC.
In addition, the Riverhounds will take on Toronto FC Reserves, a Major League Soccer Reserve League team that joins the mix after MLS and USL PRO announced earlier this week a multi-year partnership bringing interleague play between the USL PRO and MLS Reserve League teams.
The collaboration between MLS and USL PRO aims to enhance the development of professional players in North America, strengthen the competition in both leagues, and establish a solid foundation for future collaboration.
“The 2013 season marks a major milestone for the Riverhounds as we begin the next chapter at our new home in downtown Pittsburgh. Combined with the partnership with MLS Reserve League teams, we look forward to the excitement this season aims to bring,” said Jason Kutney, CEO and outside defender/midfielder for the Pittsburgh Riverhounds.
The April 13 match against Harrisburg kicks off the 2013 Keystone Derby, a battle for Pennsylvania bragging rights.
For the complete 2013 schedule, visit http://www.riverhounds.com/pro/schedule/
Individual and corporate personal seat licenses (PSLs) are on sale now at Highmark Stadium through February 15. Grandstand seats, reserved first for PSL holders, are valid for all Riverhounds home soccer games, and the first option to buy any additional events.
Single game tickets and three-game packs will go on sale February 15 through Ticketmaster, the official ticketing company of Highmark Stadium.
(For more information on the Riverhounds season, visit www.riverhounds.com.)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)