- 'Britain's Obama' urges ties with West Africa - 2013-05-20
- 'Scandal' cast performs finale live for Academy - 2013-05-20
- Bills promote Pittsburgh native and former Steelers' exec Whaley to GM - 2013-05-20
- Miss. mayoral candidate: Radical or mainstream? - 2013-05-20
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs - 2013-05-20
4 Ala football players arrested after robberies
Created on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 09:25 Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 09:25 Published on Wednesday, 13 February 2013 09:25 Written by Associated Press Hits: 409
Page 2 of 2
University police posted an advisory Monday saying two students reported being approached by two men who asked for a light for a cigarette.
Police also said Williams had been arrested on a charge of carrying a pistol without a permit a day before his arrest on the robbery charges. Tuscaloosa police Sgt. Brent Blankley said in a news release that a clerk at a gas station called police early Sunday, telling officers that Williams threatened that he had something in his trunk after a fight about paying for gas.
Officers who pulled over Williams found a pistol in his pants pocket, the release said. In that case, he was released on $500 bond.
Jail records did not show whether any of the players had an attorney.
Pettway, who was a redshirt freshman, played in 13 games and had 2 1/2 sacks and eight tackles.
Hayes had 14 tackles as a freshman.
Calloway played mostly on special teams but gained 63 yards on 10 carries. He has moved around on the field, working as a linebacker, tight end and H-back since Alabama signed the onetime Auburn commitment.
Calloway was arrested on a charge of marijuana possession in October 2011 during a redshirt season.
- << Prev
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs (1)
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)