- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
- Fashion Watch has eyes on June Ambrose - 2013-06-07
- Three Rivers Youth hosts 'The Grand Tour of Italy' - 2013-06-07
Fashion Watch on Glasses
Created on Friday, 11 January 2013 09:14 Last Updated on Friday, 11 January 2013 09:54 Published on Friday, 11 January 2013 09:03 Written by Debbie Norrell - Courier Lifestyles Editor Hits: 503
by Debbie Norrell
I have worn glasses since I was 12 years of age. Some years I like my glasses and other times I don’t.
I prefer wearing my contact lenses but some days my glasses work better with my outfit and now that I can buy glasses on line for great prices I can now buy glasses to go with each outfit.
But trust and believe I would not wear glasses if I did not have to, so what’s up with the people and the fake frames? Has that old saying “guys don’t make passes at girls who wear glasses” become obsolete?
Just recently a lady stopped me in the mall and asked me about my new black glasses. She wanted to know where I bought them because her daughter wanted some “nerdy” glasses like mine. So now my glasses are nerdy but in her eyes that was cool.
If you do wear glasses make sure you like the frames it really helps. My favorite all time pair was my Brooks Brothers tortoise shell horn rims. Sadly they broke and cannot be fixed; I’m looking on every website to find a replacement pair.
It seems like glasses are one of the new fashion accessories and are hip to wear even if you don’t need them. Once again it is now hip to be square.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)