- Champion Enterprises and Five Star Corp. celebration women at community luncheon - 2013-06-19
- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
- Fashion Watch has eyes on June Ambrose - 2013-06-07
Fashion Watch: All eyes on the April Vogue
Created on Friday, 15 March 2013 06:42 Last Updated on Friday, 15 March 2013 09:06 Published on Friday, 15 March 2013 06:42 Written by Debbie Norrell - Courier Lifestyles Editor Hits: 466
After weeks of speculating (and speculating), the first lady's second cover for the fashion glossy has arrived -- and it's absolutely stunning. As expected, photographer Annie Leibovitz shot Michelle, who wore a blue and purple Reed Krakoff sheath plucked straight from her very own closet. The green background, the cool color palette and the choice to wear Reed Krakoff definitely reminded us of FLOTUS' official portrait.
Vogue's fashion editor Tonne Goodman led the team styling Mrs. O and the president, who appears in a photo inside the mag with the first lady. Also in the editorial is a third shot of Michelle wearing an elegant Michael Kors ball skirt and sweater. To accompany the shoot, the first couple was interviewed by Jonathan Van Meter, discussing parenting, marriage and their duties while presiding in the White House. Of course, since this is Vogue, they also talked fashion.
“If you’re comfortable in your clothes it’s easy to connect with people and make them feel comfortable as well,” Michelle said. May sure to pick up your copy as soon as it hits the stands, this issue will fly out of the stores, feel lucky if you have a subscription.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)