- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
- Fashion Watch has eyes on June Ambrose - 2013-06-07
- Three Rivers Youth hosts 'The Grand Tour of Italy' - 2013-06-07
The Presidential Inaugural Ball
Created on Thursday, 07 February 2013 11:01 Last Updated on Thursday, 07 February 2013 11:01 Published on Thursday, 07 February 2013 11:01 Written by Debbie Norrell - Courier Lifestyles Editor Hits: 492
MICHELLE OBAMA (Erin Isaac) arrives with secret service (Harold Jackson and Calvin Isaac).
In 2009 St. James AME Church held an Inaugural Ball in honor of the first African-American president Barack Obama. On Jan. 20, the night before the Inauguration of Barack Obama and Joe Biden’s second term they held their second Presidential Inaugural Ball hosted by The Lydia A. Lowry Women’s Missionary Society of St. James AME Church in Sumpter Hall. The evening was complete with “secret service men,” and people put on their best ball gowns and cocktail attire.
The president was invited, however, could not make it. He did send his beautiful wife, Michelle in his place. Upon closer examination, Michelle was look alike Erin Isaac. Secret service men portrayed by Calvin Isaac and Harold Jackson escorted her into the room. Guests had fun taking pictures with the Obama stand up, meeting and chatting with friends, and enjoyed a delightful meal.
The first family of St. James AME, Rev. Rodrecus Johnson Jr., his wife, Rev. Ayonna D. Johnson and their 3-year-old son Rodrecus M. Johnson III, joined in the festivities as did people of all ages. It was a beautiful evening of dancing, dining and celebrating the historic re-election of the first Black President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (3)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)
- Bill Cosby attacked by Republican Allen West: Why these two men are so different (4)