- Rehabilitation or Demolition: Which Path for Homewood and Hill District Community Development? - 2013-05-25
- Share your money before you die - 2013-05-23
- Protecting Black Americans’ right to compete - 2013-05-23
- This Week In Black History 5-22-13 - 2013-05-23
- Editorial...Justice served in Philly abortion doctor verdict - 2013-05-23
Page 3 of 3
Some basic ways to take care of mental health include:
• Take care of yourself—make sure you have a doctor
• Stay connected with friends and family
• Watch health habits— eat healthfully, try not to smoke or drink alcohol too much
• Watch out for yourself and others—don’t ignore changes in yourself or loved ones. Find someone who can help.
Everyone wants to live a happy, independent life no matter what his or her age is. It’s time to begin taking our mental health as seriously as our physical health.
Resources for Mental Health Services:
Peoples Oakland is recovery center with wellness based recovery programs for adults in Allegheny County. Guiding all Peoples Oakland services and activities is a philosophy of recovery based real life experiences nurtured by peer support, hope, self-help and collaborative relationships with professionals. For more information call Peoples Oakland at 412-683-7140.
The AgeWell program offers a wide range of mental health services for seniors provided by caring and experienced clinicians. If you have questions, please call 412-422-3800. Medicare and most insurance plans are accepted.
If you or someone you know does not have adequate health care, more resources can be found in the Allegheny County Health Care Guide for the Underinsured and Uninsured. Visit www.achd.net or call 412-687-ACHD to request a copy of the guide.
Re:solve Crisis Network provides round-the-clock services to anyone with or without a diagnosed mental illness. Call any time and speak with a trained counselor can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-888-7-YOU CAN (1-888-796-8226).
- << Prev
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!