- Dear GOP: On Benghazi, it’s time to 'give it up, turn it loose' - 2013-05-11
- Report: Malcolm Shabazz killed after violent bar fight - 2013-05-11
- Mary Mary's Tina reveals she tried to stab her husband for cheating - 2013-05-07
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding - 2013-02-26
- LA Judge Grants Jermaine Jackson Name Change - 2013-02-22
Category: News One Newsroom Published on Sunday, 24 February 2013 13:36 Written by News One
Sony Pictures announced Sunday that Quvenzhane (kwuh-VEHN’-juh-nay) Wallis will play Annie in a contemporized adaptation of the Broadway musical and the “Little Orphan Annie” comic strip. It’s to be directed by Will Gluck, who loosely based his 2010 film “Easy A” on “The Scarlet Letter.”
The 9-year-old Quvenzhane is one of the youngest Oscar-nominated actors ever. She’s also shot a small role in Steve McQueen’s upcoming film, “Twelve Years a Slave.”
“Annie” is planned for release during the 2014 holiday season. Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and Jay-Z are among the producers. The Smiths’ daughter, Willow, had originally been slated to play Annie.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!