- Dear GOP: On Benghazi, it’s time to 'give it up, turn it loose' - 2013-05-11
- Report: Malcolm Shabazz killed after violent bar fight - 2013-05-11
- Mary Mary's Tina reveals she tried to stab her husband for cheating - 2013-05-07
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding - 2013-02-26
- ‘Beasts of the Southern Wild’ star Quvenzhane Wallis cast as ‘Annie’ - 2013-02-24
Category: News One Newsroom Published on Friday, 22 February 2013 21:14 Written by News One
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Jermaine Jackson has a new, brighter surname – Jacksun.
A Los Angeles judge approved the change to singer’s name Friday.
The 58-year-old, who shared lead singing duties with his younger brother Michael in the Jackson 5, did not appear in court.
He sought the name change for “artistic reasons” and says it has nothing to do with a recent rift in his family over the care of Michael Jackson’s children and family matriarch Katherine Jackson.
His attorney Bret D. Lewis says Jacksun is in Europe performing with his brothers and told him that he was sure it was “a sunny day in California.”
Lewis says he doesn’t know whether Jacksun will elaborate on the creative reasons for the change.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)
- Record Powerball jackpot inspires office pools (2)