- Lopez makes debut as Playboy Jazz Festival host replacing Cosby - 2013-06-18
- Major League Baseball Standings - 2013-06-18
- Metro Briefs: Dowd resigning from City Coucil to join nonprofit - 2013-06-18
- Molly Ringwald rediscovers her jazz roots - 2013-06-18
- Dave Chappelle to headline monthlong comedy tour - 2013-06-18
President Barack Obama's inaugural address
Created on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:48 Last Updated on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:48 Published on Tuesday, 22 January 2013 09:48 Written by Associated Press Hits: 567
Page 4 of 4
They are the words of citizens, and they represent our greatest hope.
You and I, as citizens, have the power to set this country's course.
You and I, as citizens, have the obligation to shape the debates of our time — not only with the votes we cast, but with the voices we lift in defense of our most ancient values and enduring ideals.
Let each of us now embrace, with solemn duty and awesome joy, what is our lasting birthright. With common effort and common purpose, with passion and dedication, let us answer the call of history, and carry into an uncertain future that precious light of freedom.
Thank you, God bless you, and may He forever bless these United States of America.
- << Prev
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)
- A White South African's memories of Nelson Mandela (2)
- Black politicians need to learn to steal from the right people (1)
- Homeowners Bill of Rights emerge as remedy to foreclosure (1)