- 'Britain's Obama' urges ties with West Africa - 2013-05-20
- 'Scandal' cast performs finale live for Academy - 2013-05-20
- Bills promote Pittsburgh native and former Steelers' exec Whaley to GM - 2013-05-20
- Miss. mayoral candidate: Radical or mainstream? - 2013-05-20
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs - 2013-05-20
Campbell raises money for Haiti
Created on Wednesday, 24 February 2010 11:14 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:20 Published on Wednesday, 24 February 2010 11:14 Written by Associated Press Hits: 944
LONDON (AP)—Model Naomi Campbell hosted a charity gala Feb. 18 on the eve of London Fashion Week to raise money for mothers and babies in Haiti. The “Fashion for Relief” show featured models from fashion, music, film and TV, and designs by Vivienne Westwood, Dolce & Gabbana and others.
The relief effort also includes proceeds from the auction of eight special edition Lotus cars donated by the carmaker. One was auctioned at the gala. The others will be auctioned online, with bidding open until Feb. 28.
Campbell told The Associated Press Feb. 16 that money for Haiti is desperately needed after the earthquake devastated much of the country. She says money raised will be used for equipment, medicine and training and to help deliver babies safely.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)
- Record Powerball jackpot inspires office pools (2)