- Trailer Parking: Zoe bares all in Allure magazine pictorial - 2013-05-17
- NAACP head says Orie Sisters’ sentence just; Judge orders re-sentencing for ex-Justice Melvin - 2013-05-10
- Nighthawks reunite for 2013 Pittsburgh Blues Festival at Hartwood Acres - 2013-05-07
- Workforce Investment Board kicks off Career Week - 2013-05-05
- YWCA rally against racism - 2013-05-03
Created on Friday, 08 March 2013 09:06 Last Updated on Friday, 08 March 2013 09:06 Published on Friday, 08 March 2013 09:06 Written by Christian Morrow - Courier Staff Writer Hits: 1072
NAACP Pittsburgh Unit President Connie Parker told the New Pittsburgh Courier today that the National Convention for Region II will be held in Pittsburgh at the Westin Convention Center Hotel April 25-27.
“We’re going to have quite a few things going on across the city, and it’s coming right before our annual Human Rights Dinner May 2, so It’s really going to give us a nice boost,” she said.
Region 11 includes units from across Pennsylvania, and those from New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
Parker said she doesn’t have the full agenda for the convention yet, as it is being coordinated by the National Office in Washington, DC., but will be announcing the schedule as soon as it is available.
(Send comments to cmorrow@newpittsburghcourier.)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!