- Ferris wheel ride world record broken in Chicago - 2013-05-22
- Teachers credited with saving students in Okla. - 2013-05-22
- Questions linger in shooting of NY college student - 2013-05-21
- Audra McDonald returns with new, personal CD - 2013-05-21
- Calif. doc gets 14 years for promising cancer cure - 2013-05-21
AP Music Writer
NEW YORK (AP) — Alicia Keys recently chopped off most of her hair, and the singer is looking to go even shorter.
The R&B superstar debuted her bob hairdo this summer. In a recent interview, Keys said she wants to go "even shorter."
When asked if she would shave her head, the 31-year-old replied: "I'm thinking about something like that. I'm telling you. I'm going there. I'm doing it."
The Grammy-winning Keys arrived on the music scene in 2001 with braids, and she has mostly worn her hair long. She says with her new cut, she's able to do more with her hair.
If she shaves her head, she'll follow a list of celebrities including Natalie Portman, India.Arie, Chrisette Michelle and Kellie Pickler.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin)
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!