- Father, son acquitted in NY of sex trafficking - 2013-06-20
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim - 2013-06-20
- Accidental Racist? Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate - 2013-06-20
- LA to give every student an iPad; $30M order - 2013-06-20
- Connecticut's first female African-American judge suspended for late decisions - 2013-06-20
NEW AD CAMPAIGN--This undated promotional image released by H&M shows entertainer Beyonce in an ad for H&M's new summer advertising campaign. Beyonce will be featured on billboards, and in print ads and TV commercials. (AP Photo/H&M)
by Samantha Critchell
AP Fashion Writer
NEW YORK (AP) — Beyonce, who seems to be everywhere as she prepares for her upcoming world tour, is going to be seen in even more places.
The 31-year-old singer is featured in H&M's new ad campaign, announced by the retailer Thursday. Mrs. Carter, as she's called in the ads, is seen lounging on a beach wearing a sundress, short shorts, a bikini and other key items from the summer collection.
H&M says the ads, which were shot in the Bahamas, aim to capture the many sides of women, showing Beyonce as strong, vulnerable, sensual, fun, flirtatious and maternal.
Beyonce said that thanks to the tropical island setting, she felt more like she was shooting a music video than a commercial.
She and her husband, Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, have a year-old daughter, Blue Ivy.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Cheerios ad with multiracial family prompts racist outcry (8)
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)