- Roll to the Polls...Get Out and Vote! Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 2013-05-19
- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
Walmart names Davis Sr. VP of finance
Created on Friday, 21 August 2009 15:53 Last Updated on Monday, 03 December 2012 19:19 Published on Friday, 21 August 2009 15:53 Written by Courier Newsroom Hits: 5747
BENTONVILLE, Ark.—Wal-Mart Stores Inc. announced the promotion of Jeffrey A. Davis to senior vice president of finance for Walmart U.S. store operations. Davis and his team will be responsible for supporting store operations through the initiation and application of financial and operational strategies. The team’s goal is to help enhance the Walmart shopping experience, improve efficiencies and reduce overall costs for the nearly 3,700 Walmart stores nationwide.
|JEFFREY A. DAVIS
Davis joined Walmart’s finance department in January 2006 as a vice president. In April 2007, he was promoted to vice president of Finance for U.S. store operations. During that time, Davis was awarded the Sam M. Walton Entrepreneur of the Year Award, the highest honor awarded to a Walmart associate, for his role in the design and implementation of the company’s $4 prescription drug program.
Davis will continue to report to Michael Fung, senior vice president of Walmart finance and strategy.
“Jeff’s extensive and impressive background makes him uniquely qualified to lead this important area of our business,” Fung said. “Jeff has a passion for team development, a personal investment in building a robust pipeline for minorities in the field of finance and accounting. He also shares my mission to help make Walmart’s finance department a best-in-class corporate model. I’m proud to have him on my team.”
In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant, Davis is also a member of the National Association of Black Accountants. He earned a B.S. in accounting from Pennsylvania State University and an Executive M.B.A. from the University of Pittsburgh.
Davis started his career in public accounting in 1984 and has since held several finance positions, including serving as the chief financial officer for two companies. Throughout the years, his duties have included responsibility for mergers and acquisitions, internal audit, accounting, financial reporting, strategic planning and operations, among other functions.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- Obama's Morehouse visit shines spotlight on HBCUs (1)
- Janet Jackson, Wissam Al Mana Married In Secret Wedding (2)
- Fifth annual National Achievers Society inductions (2)
- Breast cancer survivor group targets young Black women (1)
- Wes Moore replaces Dr. Ben Carson as Johns Hopkins commencement speaker (3)