- Mayweather Jr. ranks No. 1 on SI Fortunate 50 - 2013-05-17
- More visits by artists like Beyonce, Jay-Z, needed, says Afro-Cuban filmmaker - 2013-05-17
- Mo’Nique shows off amazing weight loss - 2013-05-17
- Our primary election endorsements - 2013-05-16
- Letter To The Editor...Peduto’s been the champion for our community - 2013-05-16
Jones garnered gold medals and All-Big East honors in the 100 and 200-meter dashes. She broke the school record in the 100-meter dash prelims on May 5 (11.33) and then improved upon it with a wind-aided time of 11.28 seconds to win the event on May 6. Her time is currently tied for the ninth best in the nation.
Jones would also eclipse her own school record in the 200-meter dash when she crossed the finish line at 22.91 during the finals. That time shattered her previous school record of 23.10 and is currently the fourth-best finish nationally.
“Cambrya did a tremendous job for us,” Pitt head coach Alonzo Webb said. “She had a great day and great weekend overall.”
Jones was also a member of the fifth-place 1,600-meter relay team the combined for a time of 3:39.33. Jones was joined by freshman Xauddina Whittington, and juniors Arielle Fonrose and Jonnique Lawrence on the squad.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!