- Champion Enterprises and Five Star Corp. celebration women at community luncheon - 2013-06-19
- Fashion Watch: The man behind Cicely Tyson’s dress - 2013-06-14
- Lifestyles Report...A new queen is christened on Clipper Fleet - 2013-06-13
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont - 2013-06-13
- Fashion Watch has eyes on June Ambrose - 2013-06-07
Last year Leah Thomas had a vision she wanted to do a spring fashion show in a beautiful place. She set her sights on the Rivers Casino, the brand new ballroom on the second floor as the location. This was a perfect fit as A Woman’s Touch had just moved from their old location in Wilkinsburg to Monroeville Mall.
|A NEW TWIST ON BRAIDS—Shades of Beauty Hair Salon
On March, 18 guests enjoyed an afternoon of fashion at the Rivers. Thomas invited numerous vendors that created a unique shopping experience while young designer Armani Nejor, Shades of Beauty Hair Salon (Raven Bean owner), Wha Cha Ma Call It (Linda Whiters, owner) and The Fusionista (Starr Thomas, owner) added their style and fashion to the show. Guests enjoyed a great meal and a wonderful view of the city. The soundtrack was provided by DJ Funkman and yours truly was the emcee.
The show featured the dressy suits and hats that A Woman’s Touch is known for. Armani Nejor designs are the designs of an 11-year-old young lady. Due to her age she could not attend the show in the casino. However, she was well represented by her mother Tish Dolby and a big fan club. Armani sketches and creates all of her designs. Hair is the thing at Shades of Beauty Hair Salon and they showcased styles for men and women. Wha Cha Ma Call It displayed the unique and eclectic styles that they are known for, and The Fusionista featured their signature hand painted designs.
When the crowd left the show, many said they felt like winners after seeing such a great show.
Digital Daily Signup
Sign up now for the New Pittsburgh Courier Digital Daily newsletter!
- This Week In Black History (1)
- That intelligence agencies monitor our calls and Internet usage shouldn’t come as a surprise (1)
- Central Baptist Church hosts 'Spring Hat Sensation' at LeMont (2)
- Pitt hosts national summit tackling poverty research cuts (2)
- Last Dance: AVA Bar & Lounge in East Liberty closing (5)