- Okay, let’s get right at it! Truth be told, yes the 3rd Annual Pittsburgh City League All-Sports Hall of Fame Inductions was too long. Look, we honored the 5th Avenue High School 1976 State Champion team, 16 high school standout student athletes, 30 of the city’s greatest fallen athletic super stars and 25 of the greatest living city league legends, not to mention 10 Hall of Fame Inductees into the nationally recognized Connie Hawkins Summer Basketball League. Quick and easy just wasn’t gonna happen. Too long? Yes . . . maybe about time here. We didn’t take anybody’s blood. Funny though how “some people” complain so much . . . we/they do so little. Our only effort was to make as many people happy as possible, but not to worry, we will cut the program down next year. We promise . . . maybe . . . I think. No. Okay for real, and that’s the truth!!!
- “You” voted for Donald Trump. You got him. Be careful what you wish for America!
- “If” we had stopped three (3) plays against the Dallas Cryboys, we would have won the game. Of course “if” my aunt had hairier legs, she would be my uncle! I’m just saying.
- Oh, by the way, in case you were the one that wasn’t there, we packed over 700 people in the Heinz History Center for the City League Hall of Fame. (Coming and going of course.)
- Congratulations to Toni Allen, she of Westinghouse basketball and rise high BB. Just appointed to be the new chairperson of the City League Hall of Fame. The future of “The Great Hall” is in great hands.
< You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line >
Also On New Pittsburgh Courier:
Red Carpet Rundown: 2016 Oscars
22 photos Launch gallery