In this Aug. 23, 2015, file photo, Tiger Woods watches his tee shot on the second hole during the final round of the Wyndham Championship golf tournament at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, N.C. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton, File) ORG XMIT: NY159
Tiger Woods says he will be playing in his Hero World Challenge in the Bahamas the first week of December.
In a news release Tuesday announcing the 18-man field, Woods says he is excited to be making his return Dec. 1-4 at Albany Golf Club. He is the tournament host of the unofficial event that awards world ranking points but is not part of any tour.
Woods committed to play in the Safeway Open last month, only to withdraw three days later because he said his game was not ready.
The 18-man field is missing the top two players in the world, Jason Day and Rory McIlroy. Still to be determined is if U.S. Open champion Dustin Johnson chooses to go from the Philippines on Nov. 29 to the Bahamas.