• NOBODY…NO-BODY…I mean NO-BOD-Y could have sold you on the Pirates only being two games out of first place at this point in the season with the way they started. Come on, tell the truth…it’s all the matters!
• Ray Rice, running back for the Baltimore Ravens only got a slap on the wrist for the slap to the head he gave his now wife. What a joke from the commissioner. But you hit Terrelle Pryor with six games for getting paid for selling his own shirt. Listen fellas, you never, never, ever hit a woman unless you’re both wearing boxing gloves standing in a ring. Or unless it’s Serena Williams. To which you save yourself an ass whoopin’!
• Your Pittsburgh Steelers go to camp…NOW!!!
• Ok, tell me the San Antonio Spurs aren’t being treated like a step child from Afghanistan, I mean not one exceptional montage about their superior championship run. Right now you couldn’t tell me who the MVP was to save your life.
• If you know anything about the Highland Park Tennis Club and their weekly free Tennis Clinics, you know that the wrap up party is Sunday at 9:30 a.m. (rain or shine). Be there to tell them and show them a job well done.
• The Armon “The Hammer” Gilliam Memorial “Hard Work” Basketball Camp still has 18 spots to fill. Saturday and Sunday, Aug 2-3—Penn Hills YMCA—9 a.m.-4 p.m.—Coach Jay Latimer, camp director—Legends Coach Karen Hall and Jennifer Bruce, guest speakers—Former CBA Slam Dunk Champion and NBA Minnesota Timber Wolf Myron Brown, guest instructor—Lunch—T-shirts—Certificate—Supervision—Instruction—Skills and Drills all for $25—Call 412-628-4856 for information.
• :01—Achieving Greatness and The United Rays Corvette Club present The First Friday Fantasy, Friday, Aug. 1, at the Center for the Arts at Fifth and Shady Avenues, 8 p.m.-1 a.m.-Free Parking-$20 at the door-Soul Food by Gibsons-Corvette Car Show-Cash Bar-50/50-Sandy Green-Sly Jock-Tuby Daniels Band- call 412-628-4856.
(You Have Just Crossed the Finish Line)